Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012
     
    Having been seduced by the likes of Facebook and Twitter, I have come to realize that maybe I would blog more if I settled for shorter posts. I feel the need to do this, just to share the madness of actual medical practice. Here is one actual conversation from yesterday:

    Patient: I'm depressed. I think maybe it's because of global warming.

    Me: ...um. Are you doing stuff about it? Like recycling, and trying to drive less?

    Patient: yes, but I still feel sad. Maybe I need medication.

    Me: Maybe you should turn off the news.

    Labels:


    2 comments

    2 Comments:

    Depression in search of a cause?

    In the seventies everyone was worried about the population explosion and the nuclear threat. It's always something.

    By Blogger paul kennedy, at September 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM  

    I'm doing a catch up and giggling away (there appropriate, of course). Being a Brit I totally agree that gravy is one of the major food groups, and I could add to the list of desserts.

    I dare say I'll not be able to find you on Facebook, but if you get a request from someone in Wigan, who claims to be in a relationship with Galloway's Bakery and has a cover photo of being intimidated by seagull, that will be me.

    By Blogger Kenny, at February 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM  

    Post a Comment