Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, February 25, 2003
     
    Speed

    This morning at the gym I really lucked out with the TV. I found Speed, from 1994 (yes, I admit it, I never saw it). As I watched it (I had tuned in in the middle, after Keanu Reeves gets on the bus), I felt my central nervous system divide into two parts. My left brain half was saying, This is horse manure. But my right brain half was saying, Dude! This is excellent!

    Keanu Reeves did a pretty good job here, as did Sandra Bullock. His job: Look buff and tough. Deliver lines in an authoritative yet reassuring way. Dennis Hopper is good as the maniacal bad guy handling things by remote control, delighted to be watching the crisis on half a dozen TV's. Now admit it, most villains would not have thought far enough ahead to tote all those TV screens in there. Lastly, as a bonus, I noted that one of the bus passengers is that sad-looking, long-faced guy who was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Twister. You know, Cameron. I have no idea what his name is...

    Hold on...

    He's Alan Ruck. Thank you, IMDb.

    And I found my motto for the week: "There's a fifty-foot gap in the freeway!... Floor it!!!"

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment