Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, February 20, 2003
     
    Damn, I Wish I'd Found This For Valentine's Day

    The other day I read a book review of something I might actually want to read (a rare event) titled Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About. Today I had a bit of time on my hands and decided to surf over to Amazon and check out the info available on this book (see link above). One of the things that I found out is that the guy who wrote it has a website titled, wait for it, Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About.com.

    It is frightening. It is hilarious. Check it out. Women, would you live with this man, who chronicles every last irritating habit you may possibly have? (To be fair, he lists his irritating habits as well.) Here is a sample from the website:

    Margret thinks I'm vain because... I use a mirror when I shave. During this argument in the bathroom - our fourth most popular location for arguments, it will delight and charm you to learn - Margret proved that shaving with a mirror could only be seen as outrageous narcissism by saying, 'None of the other men I've been with,' (my, but it's all I can do to stop myself hugging her when she begins sentences like that) 'None of the other men I've been with used a mirror to shave.'

    'Ha! Difficult to check up on that, isn't it? As all the other men you've been with can now only communicate by blinking their eyes!' I said. Much later. When Margret had left the house.


    Amazingly, they're still together and have two children.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment